- learn how to report incidents of suspected child abuse,
- understand what occurs after a report,
- understand the role and funtion of the brain in Trauma-Informed Care
- learn to recognize the effects of trauma on the brain, behavior and development
- explore primary strategies for healing trauma in the lives of children and adults.
Presenter: Lisa Fraser, Executive Director, Center for Family Strengthening, the San Luis Obispo County Child Abuse Prevention Council
Guest Speaker: Ron Huxley, LMFT will share,
The Beautiful, Wonderful, Broken Brain: Understanding Trauma-Informed Care.
Noted child and familiy therapist, speaker, and blogger Ron Huxley has worked in several systems of care, including community-based mental health, child therapy clinics, wraparound, County mental health, private psychotherapy practice, and faith-based counseling/coaching services. He has certifications in various clinical evidence-based and promising practices: EMDR, Incredible Years, Family Wellness, Love & Logic, S.T.E.P. (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting), TheraPlay, Love After Marriage, and Developmental Dyadic Psychotherapy (attachment-focused family therapy).
Student participants are urged to attend and will receive a Certificate of Participation. The training is free, but preregistration is required. Register here!
Friday April 28, 2017. 9:00am – 12pm
Add to Calendar
Cuesta College Student Auditorium – #5401
CA-1, San Luis Obispo, CA, CA 93403
Free Parking Lot #2